Change in our Next Gen timeline --
This past winter and early spring we were working to be ready to complete specifications for a next gen library system around July/August because money for this project might be available in mid-FY15 (January 2015), and we would need to be ready to move forward at that time. This timeline has now shifted back by 5 or 6 months. We would like to complete the specifications for a next gen library system RFP around January 2015 for a possible decision in June/July 2015.
At this point we have developed an initial set of specifications and participated in vendor demonstrations for 6 systems.
Here are some of the next steps in this process for this Summer and Fall:
- Collect feedback on what was learned from the vendor demos. Survey for Next Gen Team participants.
- Next Gen Team Leaders group will be discussing our next steps and updating the Next Gen timeline.
- Review additional recent back-office Library System RFPs (Wisconsin's RFP plus ?).
- Share requirements document at the appropriate point with special groups (law library, medical library, government documents, etc.) and get their feedback into the discussion.
- Consider scheduling conference calls with a few groups that have recently made a next gen decision or are currently working on a decision.
- Discuss from a broad perspective the most important needs that a new system should address.
- Refine requirements / update Next Gen Planning document (specifications document).
- Complete RFP (December 2014/January 2015)