Cynthia Fears, Cynthia Frost, Karen Glover, Denita Hampton, Sean Purcell, Sofia Slutskaya, Viki Timian, Susan Vines
Update from Leadership Team meetings:
• Discussed the structure of the final, combined document. Sent out a very basic draft of what it will look like.
• Importance of broadly defining what we want the vendors to demonstrate
• Limiting specific requirements
• Understanding that if what we want may not be available currently
• Please continue to keep abreast of other demonstrations/presentations by vendors
• Denita is attending ALA Midwinter. If you attend any sessions that would be applicable to this endeavor, please report back points of interest.
Survey results (39 responses):
• Most of the improvements suggested are actually things that Voyager can do but that we don’t do because of policy decisions. Since we have grown and matured with GIL Express for 10 yrs, we should revisit some of those policies that were made.
• Better efficiency – seeing relevant information on a single screen, fewer clicks
• Better/easier reporting capabilities
• To be able to connect with Banner and/or the Bursar’s Office
• Continue to use the outline from Orbis Cascade
• Make sure the themes from the survey are reflected in the outline
• Continue to make edits on the Google doc. The goal is to have a working draft done by next Monday for folks to review and make final comments before it goes to the Leadership Team/Merryll.
December 20th we turn in our second draft
The drafts from all the teams will get combined and edited and we will probably get that draft around mid-late January. At that point we’ll have feedback and more details on what our team needs to revise. Our timeline and output expectations for the next few months will be clearer then. It is expected that we will continue to contribute to this process throughout its entire course.